Before you ride, read the following general warning:
Cycling can be a hazardous activity, even under the best circumstances. Proper maintenance of you ebike is important to help reduce the risk of injury and is the responsibility of the rider. Remember, always respect the local regulation and traffic rules!
Before every ride of your fat bike, it is important to carry out the following safety checks:
- Ensure that the front and rear brakes work properly
- Make sure that the brake pads are not worn and are correctly positioned in relation to the brake discs.
- Make sure that the brake cables are lubricated, correctly adjusted and do not show signs of wear and tear.
- Make sure that the brake levers are lubricated and secured to te handlebar.
Wheels and tires
- Check the tire pressure and make sure to inflate each wheel to the recommended pressure as stated on the side of the tire.
- Make sure your tire profile is in good condition and no visible wear.
- Check your rims for dents or wobbles
- Make sure all the wheel spokes are tight and not broken
- Check your axle nuts and quick release axles. Make sure these are firmly locked.
- Ensure that the handle bar and stem are correctly adjusted, tightened and allow for proper steering.
- Make sure that the headset and handlebar extension is properly locked
- Make sure your chain is lubricated, clean and runs smoothly.
- Ensure that all bearings are lubricated, run smoothly and show no excess movement, grinding or rattling.
- Check the headset, wheel bearings, pedal bearings and bottom bracket bearings.
Cranks and pedals
- Ensure that the pedals are secured to the cranks.
- Ensure that the cranks are tightened to the axle and do not bend.
- Check the front and read mechanism are adjusted and function properly by cycling through all the gears.
- Ensure that the gear shifters are tightly secured to the handlebar.
- Make sure that the parts and cables are properly lubricated.
Frame and fork
- Check if the frame and fork are not bend or broken. If that's the case, they need replacement and you should not use your fat bike.
- Make sure that the battery is in good condition and sufficiently charged.
- Make sure that the kickstand operates smoothly and that the kickstand bolt is secure.